Identity Across Multiple Clouds
Brian Johnson (SVP Cloud Security Practice @rapid7) talks about the evolution of the Managed Security Provider market, manage security without borders, and the complexities of multiple identity and trust models.
SHOW SPONSOR LINKS:
- CloudAcademy -Build hands-on technical skills. Get measurable results.
- Get 50% of the monthly price of CloudAcademy by using code CLOUDCAST
- DivvyCloud - Achieve continuous security & compliance. Request a free trial today!
- DivvyCloud - The best mistakes are the ones that don’t happen. Learn how IaC offers preventive cloud security.
- Datadog Security Monitoring Homepage - Modern Monitoring and Analytics
- Try Datadog yourself by starting a free, 14-day trial today. Listeners of this podcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt.
Topic 1 - Welcome to the show. You were the CEO/co-founder of DivvyCloud, which was recently purchased by Rapid7. Give us an overview of the Managed Security Provider market and some of the ways it’s evolved since the pandemic started.
Topic 2 - In today’s world, there no longer is a security perimeter for companies in the way they’ve known for years. What is replacing how companies define perimeters - is identity the new perimeter?
Topic 3 - Can you talk about what kind of Identity management companies need today, and maybe talk through some of the nuances across the disciplines like Identity and Access Management (IAM), Privileged Access Management (PAM), and Identity Governance and Administration (IGA).
Topic 4 - Where does MFA (multi-factor authentication) sit within a strong IAM strategy? For example enforcing policies across cloud user accounts?
Topic 5 - We’ve seen some data suggesting over 80%+ of organizations are using a multi-cloud strategy, can you talk about some of the challenges around trying to manage IAM acros clouds? For example (Different policies, tools and terminologies across clouds)
Topic 6 - The security world is beginning to talk about “unified zero trust security models”. Can you talk about what that means and maybe give us a background about DIvvycloud/Rapid7 and how they are working to solve a lot of these topics around IAM.
- Email: show at thecloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet