If I Had Your Face Book Club
For this month’s book club we read If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha. Just 30 pages into this book, we both knew it had to be our book club pick. Neither of us haven read anything like it before and there is so much to talk about. The story revolves around 4 women who all live in the same apartment building in contemporary Seoul, South Korea. The book explores impossible beauty standards and strict social hierarchies, fangirling over K-POP bands, jealousy, relationships, sex work and room salons. We discuss plastic surgery, the fast-paced Korean Beauty market, the feelings around family and marriage in Korea, and more.
Join us in the Facebook group and let us know your thoughts on this month’s pick!
Contemporary books about life in other countries:
What We’re Reading:
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle
- Detransition, Baby by Torrey Peters
- The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
- Too Good to be True by Carola Lovering
- Transcendent Kingdom Yah Gyasi
- A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
- Night: Buy one of the Dual Sided Skincare Pillow cases and get one free with code BOP at discovernight.com.
Join our FB group for amazing book recs & more!