Important News for Coders: Quantifying the Sequelae Following Acute COVID-19
The rapidly expanding surge of COVID-19 infections is triggering a renewed look at the impact the virus is having on long-haulers. The pressing challenge is to understand the findings on the sequelae after recovery from COVID-19 – and what variations are expected to evolve.
Meanwhile, research reveals that about 14 percent of adults who had been infected with the virus developed at least one new clinical sequela requiring medical attention after recovery from COVID-19, although many specifics have yet to be quantified. Reporting our lead story during the next live edition of Talk-Ten-Tuesdays will be Axea Solutions founder and CEO Susan Gatehouse.
The live broadcast will also feature these other segments:
- Tuesday Focus: Fixing Healthcare, Part II: Rose Dunn, former American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) CEO, and current COO for First Class Solutions, will return to the broadcast with the final installment in her exclusive two-part series in which she offers ideas aimed at fixing healthcare.
- Coding Report: Senior healthcare consultant and well-known national coding and health information management (HIM) leader Gloryanne Bryant will substitute for Laurie Johnson to report the latest coding news.
- News Desk: Timothy Powell, compliance expert and ICD10monitor national correspondent, will anchor the Talk Ten Tuesdays News Desk.
- TalkBack: Erica Remer, MD, founder and president of Erica Remer, MD, Inc., and Talk Ten Tuesdays co-host, will report on a subject that has caught her attention during her popular segment.
- Town Hall: Your questions will be answered live during this special interactive broadcast.