Improve Your Healthy Immune System with Dr. Victoria Shaw
In Episode #57, Jill and Chris talk with Dr. Victoria Shaw about self care to help you improve your healthy immune system, which is particularly timely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
She has an extensive educational background:
Dr. Shaw received her Doctorate of Nursing Practice from Case Western Reserve University, her Master of Science in Nursing from University of Wisconsin-Madison, and her Bachelor of Arts from Pennsylvania State University. She also has additional credentials and certifications from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, Cornell University, Princeton Biofeedback Center, and the Center for Mind Body Medicine... among others. As a nurse practitioner, health and wellness coach and a facilitator of compassionate change, Dr. Shaw combines cutting edge, evidence-based science with time honored wisdom to help her clients feel better, sleep better and relieve bothersome symptoms...
During this episode we discuss:
- What is the immune system?
- How can we improve the health of our immune system?
- How can we improve our sleep?
- Insights into food sensitives and food allergies.
- The differences between Mindfulness and Meditation
- How meditation improves the immune system
- How to get some mindfulness into your day if you don’t have a mindfulness practice
- We talk about how to eat right, avoid stress, and ways of getting good sleep:
Dr. Victoria Shaw has prepared this 4 page PDF handout Self Care to Improve Immunity for you to download.