Inside, Outside, and Beyond: Promoting a Nature Pedagogy
In today's episode of Lean Into You, we talk with Dr. Claire Warden, an internationally-renowned advocate for nature-based practices in early childhood education. In our chat, we will talk about promoting a nature pedagogy and what that means for ourselves and our kids. We will cover:
1) What it means to have a nature pedagogy
2) How we can use the four elements to promote a equitable nature-learning environment
3) How to bypass the obstacles that come with documenting nature-based learning
4) Inside, outside, and beyond as three literal and metaphoric spaces we occupy
5) How promoting nature-based learning can slow us down as educators
If you would like to engage more with Claire's work, you can visit her consulting page at www.claire-warden.com. For tutorials and resources related to Claire's work, visit www.mindstretchers.academy. For more information on Claire's charitable work related to nature-based learning, visit www.livingclassrooms.org.uk.
This podcast is funded through a grant with the Tennessee Department of Human Services and Signal Centers, Inc.