Inspecting application metrics with dotnet-monitor | On .NET
dotnet-monitor is a command line tool that makes it easier to get access to diagnostics information in a dotnet process.
In the episode, Rich is joined by Sourabh who explains to us the importance of gathering application diagnostics and also gives us a demo of how to run dotnet-monitor in Kubernetes
- [01:43 ] - Why was dotnet-monitor created?
- [05:37 ] - dotnet-monitor setup in kubernetes
- [14:50 ] - Integrating dotnet-monitor into other tools
- [16:45 ] - Support for additional metrics and event logs
- [19:12 ] - Exposing Prometheus style metrics
- Introducing dotnet-monitor
- .NET Diagnostics on GitHub
- Collect diagnostics in containers
- What diagnostic tools are available in .NET Core?