Interview with Master of Kombucha: Ted from Bärbucha - the first German Kombucha Brewery
"There is a lack of information about Kombucha in the media!"
Ted and Ella founded Bärbucha Kombucha in 2014. This Berlin kombucha brewery was the first kombucha business in Germany.
Ted got introduced to Kombucha while he lived in the USA. Back in Germany he started homebrewing in 2010. His USP is that he just uses different types of tea - no other flavourings.
He tells us about this concept in this interview and gives some tips for kombucha brewers.
Also if you want to learn something about the history of kombucha, this is the right episode for you!
- 1:20 How Ted fell in love with kombucha in the US
- 2:42 Ted started homebrewing in 2010
- 3:38 Medicinal style kombucha
- 6:29 Ted about the history of kombucha
- 9:40 Brewing tips
- 13:30 Kombucha just relying on different types of teas
- 16:48 Bärbucha's kombucha lines
- 22:32 Kombucha comunity in Europe - sharing knowledge
- 26:36 Ted's biggest challenge - lack of information about kombucha in the media
- 29:17 Tips for commercial kombucha brewers
- 33:56 Rapid-fire questions to Ted
If you liked this episode please subscribe to our podcast and leave us a review on your favourite podcast app!
If you have a friend who's interested in this content feel free to send them the link or take a screenshot on your phone and share it on Social Media.
Follow us on: