Interview with Personal Trainer Maria Stadelman
Welcome to the first episode of the Becoming Elli Podcast – where women over 50 inspire each other to become fit and strong.
In this first episode of the Becoming Elli podcast, we talk with personal trainer Maria Stadelman. Maria has worked with many women over 50. She says that more women of this age are becoming interested in learning how to “lift heavy weights.”
We talk about exercises, healthy eating, and staying motivated. Furthermore, we discuss:
- Why weightlifting after the age 50 is so important for women over 50.
- Practical reasons why this makes sense
- “Must have exercises” to help you get the most out of your limited time
- How to multi-task while exercising. (Yes, you can learn something new while improving your fitness at the same time!)
- How to change your mindset about exercise
- What is “HIIT”?
- What is the minimum amount of time needed to get any benefit from exercise?
- How many exercises are needed as a minimum to begin to see a difference?
- What common mistakes to avoid when exercising? (And as a result, stay healthy!)
- Ways to address different muscle groups and stay motivated
- Why she feels eating pasta and carbs – “eating Italian” in moderation consequently keeps you satisfied
- Bachelor Degree in Exercise Physiology from Ohio University
- Certified by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Personal trainer
- Athlete – soccer player, marathon runner, triathlete
Running and Staying Healthy with Wendy Rivard
Improving Fitness Through Spinning with Sherry Chlysta
Hormone Health for Women Over 50 - Jeannie Beaudin
Using Triathlons to Overcome Adversity: Diana Woolf
How to Crave Healthy Foods & Stop Dieting - Melanie Jatsek
Group Exercise Instructor Diane Reuther
Setting Goals for the New Year
Reflections on 2018 with Diane Berkley and Juel Fitzgerald
Eat Well to Live Well with Heather Lentz
Inspirational Messages with Vicki Prussak
Coping with Holiday Stress with Marsha Friedman
Janet Palcko - Pilgrim on the Camino de Santiago
How We Ran a Half Marathon
Staying Fit through Running with Loretta Harland
Pros and Cons of The Elliptical
Maintain Weight Loss and Health Through Food with Karen Parrott
Health Coach, Personal Trainer, and All-Around Athlete Stacy Rhea
Getting Past the Negative Voices - Women over 50 Becoming Elli
Healthy Eating for Women Over 50 with Nutrition Expert Becca DeVenzio
Improving Balance and Mobility with Jill Rango