Investing in American Dynamism, With Ben Horowitz and Katherine Boyle
Venture capitalists know what it feels like when a company is firing on all cylinders. But it’s been a while since the whole country had that feeling of dynamism—so why not focus on companies that help the cause by supporting the national interest, solving critical problems, and doing fundamentally new things? Rob and Jackie sat down with Ben Horowitz and Katherine Boyle of the leading VC firm Andreessen Horowitz to talk about investing in American dynamism.
- Ben Horowitz, The Hard Things About Hard Things (Harper Business, 2014).
- Ben Horowitz, What You Do Is Who You Are: How to Create Your Business Culture (Harper Business, 2019).
- Rob Atkinson, The Past and Future of America’s Economy: Long Waves of Innovation that Drive Cycles of Growth (Edward Elgar Publishing, 2005).
- “Doing Capitalism in the Innovation Economy,” ITIF event, January 2014.
- Luke Dascoli, “AI Start-Ups Attracted Over 21 Percent of The World’s Venture Capital in 2020” (ITIF, January 2022).
- John Wu, “A Small Business Innovation Research Grant Doubles an Energy-Technology Company's Chances of Later Receiving Venture Capital” (ITIF, May 2017).