Invisible Disabilities - Brendan Sage
We don't talk enough about invisible illnesses and disabilities...those that you can't see simply by looking at a person. This is truly the point of my podcast -- to highlight people's stories and struggles rather than making judgments and assuming we know everything about someone.
In this episode, I speak to my friend Brendan Sage, father of two, who opens up about his journey with epilepsy. Brendan, who's now seizure-free, shares a lot about his mental health during this years long experience. It will surely stir you to embrace gratitude and find acceptance.
Tune in as we chat about:
- Brendan's medical journey
- How Brendan was finally able to be seizure-free
- How seizures interfered with his cognition and how therapy came in handy
- How Brendan continues to navigate life, and the mindset shift he embraced during his medical journey
- Finding gratitude and acceptance while living with an invisible disability
…and so much more!
Connect with Brendan:
LinkedIn: Brendan Sage
Website: Sun Counseling and Wellness