Quote of the Day
- Hard work beats Talent when Talent doesn't work hard
- Skill vs Talent
- Talent is an innate ability that a person possesses naturally. It is often characterized by an exceptional aptitude for a particular activity or sport. Talented individuals seem to excel without significant effort and have a natural affinity for the activity or sport. However, talent alone is not enough to succeed as an athlete.
- Skills, on the other hand, are developed abilities that are acquired through practice, repetition, and experience. Skills can be improved and refined over time with deliberate effort and dedication.
- Talent can give a person a head start, skills are the result of hard work, practice, and experience. It is the combination of both that makes a successful athlete.
- Steps and Tips on how to discover your talent
- Reflect on activities that you enjoy doing and find easy to learn or perform. For example, if you find yourself excelling at a particular sport, musical instrument, or artistic activity, this may be a sign of natural talent.
- Seek feedback from others, such as coaches, teachers, or mentors. They may have insights into your strengths and areas of potential that you may not have considered.
- It's important to keep an open mind and explore different activities and interests. Sometimes, we may discover our talents by trying something new and unexpected.
- Michelle’s Random Fact
- You lose up to 30 percent of your taste buds during flight.
- This might explain why airplane food gets such a bad reputation. The elevation in an airplane can have a detrimental effect on our ability to taste things. According to a 2010 study conducted by Germany's Fraunhofer Institute for Building Physics, the dryness experienced at a high elevation as well as low pressure reduces the sensitivity of a person's taste buds to sweet and salty foods by about 30 percent. Add that dry cabin air affects our ability to smell, and our ability to taste is reduced further.
- My Reflection
- Does hard work make talent irrelevant?
Support the show
More ways to connect
- Email: iamMichelleCarter@gmail.com
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store