Is It Really Well With Your Soul?
The hymn, “It Is Well With My Soul” was first published almost 150 years ago. Those words are often sung in church or hung on the walls in our homes ... but if we were really honest with ourselves, could we say they’re absolutely true?
Every day we get to decide what we let in our minds and what we keep out, how we spend our time, and what we give our attention to. In today’s episode of the Proverbs 31 Ministries Podcast, author and First 5 writer Nicki Koziarz tackles the topic of dealing with comparison and what we can do to be able to respond, “Yes ... my soul is well.”
In this episode you’ll learn…
- When you’re trying to please someone, the end goal will always be hard to reach.
- Your human heart ultimately desires a relationship with God, and to fill that desire with lesser things will make your soul unwell.
- The temptation to compare yourself to someone else on this side of eternity may never go away, but you can take practical steps to avoid falling into the temptation today!
To read the transcript for this episode click here.
- Follow along with Nicki’s ministry and Fixer-Upper Farm journey on Instagram at @NickiKoziarz.
- Purchase Nicki’s book Why Her?: 6 Truths We Need to Hear When Measuring Up Leaves Us Falling Behind and learn practical steps you can take as you tackle comparison in your own life.
- Like what you’re hearing? Leave the Proverbs 31 Ministries Podcast a review on iTunes so other women will be exposed to the Truth of God’s Word!