Is Monogamy Natural for Humans? Marriage Research Says Maybe
Lauren and I decided to postpone our wedding due to COVID-19. But while talking about the wedding, we started discussing monogamy and human evolution of it. In this podcast episode we discuss animals that mate for life and what that actually means for humans. We also talk about why humans may or may not be best suited for a lifetime together. Everyone has heard of the 7 year itch, but is that a myth? This is a weird episode and none of this translates to your individual relationship. We are only speaking out of personal experience and based on what research suggests!
Link to Episode Transcript: https://www.justnascience.com/show-notes/episode-40-science-of-monogamy
- You can support our show by becoming a Patreon member - your support helps keep our show ad-free.
- Want to interact with us live? Follow us on Twitch! Click here to watch our channel trailer.
- Visit our website for blog posts, YouTube videos, and more!
- Find us on social: @justnascience for Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Have a question, episode idea, or another business inquiry? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Podcast theme song: Like an Idiot by Sven Karlsson
- Music licensed through Epidemic Sound
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/justnascience/support