Is Phytic Acid That Bad?
Talk to a Dr. Berg Keto Consultant today and get the help you need on your journey (free consultation).
Call 1-540-299-1556 with your questions about Keto, Intermittent Fasting, or the use of Dr. Berg products.
Consultants are available Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 10 PM EST. Saturday & Sunday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST. USA Only.
Get Dr. Berg's Veggie Solution today!
• Flavored (Sweetened) - https://shop.drberg.com/veggie-solution-flavored-sweetened?utm_source=Podcast&utm_medium=AGM(Anchor)
• Plain (Unflavored) - https://shop.drberg.com/veggie-solution-plain?utm_source=Podcast&utm_medium=AGM(Anchor)
In this podcast, Dr. Berg talks about phytase anti-nutrient myths. Phytic acid is a very powerful antioxidant. Consuming food that has too much phytic acid will block the absorption the zinc, iron, and other minerals.
1. Microbes make phytase – the enzyme that breaks down phytic acid.
2. Vitamin C increase the absorption of iron
3. Beta carotene increase absorption of iron
4. Adding meat increase the absorption of iron
5. Cooking/Steaming decrease phytic acid
6. Fermenting vegetables decrease phytic acid
7. Most people have too much iron
Dr. Eric Berg DC Bio:
Dr. Berg, 51 years of age is a chiropractor who specializes in weight loss through nutritional & natural methods. His private practice is located in Alexandria, Virginia. His clients include senior officials in the U.S. government & the Justice Department, ambassadors, medical doctors, high-level executives of prominent corporations, scientists, engineers, professors, and other clients from all walks of life. He is the author of The 7 Principles of Fat Burning.
DR. BERG'S SHOP: https://shop.drberg.com/?utm_source=Podcast&utm_medium=Anchor
DR. BERG'S VIDEO BLOG: https://www.drberg.com/blog?utm_source=Podcast&utm_medium=Anchor