Is Resveratrol a Longevity Compound?
In this episode, Rhonda gives a summary of the science of resveratrol including its effects in animals and humans, mechanisms, and the bottom line on resveratrol supplementation and safety.
- 00:03:39 - Clinical effects of resveratrol in humans
- 00:04:10 - Effects on cardiovascular health biomarkers in humans
- 00:06:54 - Reduction of inflammatory biomarkers in humans
- 00:08:11 - Improved cognition and memory in clinical studies
- 00:11:23 - Healthspan improvements in animals
- 00:12:28 - Induction of longevity genes via xenohormesis
- 00:16:19 - Contradictory effects on exercise-associated benefits
- 00:20:34 - Various factors that affect resveratrol bioavailability
- 00:23:09 - Unintentional effects on drug metabolism
Get earlier access with the premium members early access podcast feed, monthly Q&A sessions, an exclusive bi-weekly science digest email, and more! Click here to learn about premium.