Is Student Loan Forgiveness A Good Idea?
Should the U.S. cancel $10,000 or more of student loan debt per borrower? What would be the economic and financial impact? Why the student loan system is broken and how to fix it.
Topics covered include:
- How large and what is the growth rate of U.S. student loan balances
- What are the projections for student loan losses
- What are the pros and cons of forgiving student loans
- What would be the impact on federal finances of canceling student loans
- Why the U.S. government is already technically insolvent
- How student loan programs should be restructured
For more information on this episode click here.