Is Your Summer Vacation Destroying The Planet? w/ Seth Kugel
Is your summer vacation destroying the planet? This is a very important question and we want to be very good travelers & world citizens but in doing so are we causing more damage to an already fragile world. How can we treat the planet the way it needs to be treated while still fulfilling our travel dreams? Today's episode is not to make you feel guilty but to educate/inform and I am very happy to have on my friend Seth Kugel who is an author of many books, columnist/travel writer, and world traveler.
I am so excited to partner with HomeExchange.com who makes it possible to see the world without paying for accommodations. Make sure you listen to the entire podcast to get the promo code to save you some extra cash when you get your first exchange.
Tune In To Learn:
- 08:30 How Guilty Should You Feel About Your Vacation? NYT Article
- 15:50 Why Travel Shaming Doesn't Work
- 22:05 What Can You Do To Make Things Better
- 25:45 Learn From The Knowledge Of Today
- 28:30 Not All Trips Are Created Equally
- 32:10 The Cost of AirBnB, Overtourism & the Disney Experience
- 42:10 How "Influencers" Glorify Travel & Experiences
- 46:30 Downside Of Travel Writing
- 48:50 Current Projects for Seth
- 51:30 Should Travel Be More Expensive To Offset The Environmental Damage
- And so much more