Is she 2 or 3 times Female World Muay Thai Champion? With Claire Baxter
To learn more about why I've started a "Go Fund Me", check out this link: gf.me/u/zkzxgm
Claire Baxter is a Muay Thai World Champion and General Psychologist in Melbourne, Australia.
This episode we get into some philosophical topics around fighting. Why do we fight, what can we learn about ourselves through fighting and how does fighting change us? Tune in especially to the second half for some wonderful food for thought for everyone in combat sports.
Claire and Georgia discuss:
- Fighting despite being in a heavier weight class
- Training and fighting in Thailand
- Her WPMF title and title “defence”
- Her WMC title
- How she went from being interested in high performance to wellbeing
- Why Claire fights
- The importance of relationships in Muay Thai
- How Muay Thai has changed Claire as a person
- Why Claire thinks Muay Thai might have helped others
- How Muay Thai has shaped Claire as a practitioner
Thank you so much to Nari for the beautiful song "Shape Me" heard at the beginning and end of this episode. Nari wrote this song about Shape Your Life, a boxing program for self-identified female survivors of violence in Canada. She wrote this song using the words and experiences shared by participants with Cathy Van Ingen. You can find out more about Shape Your Life in my interview with Cathy in Episode 8. You can hear more of Nari's work by going to her Instagram: @narithesaga