It’s Fast Company Innovation Festival this week!
Since we’ve got our Innovation Festival going on this week, here’s a quick roundup of business and tech news:
- United Auto Workers (UAW) deal—the 32-hour week likely not to be a part of it
- UN General Assembly meets this week: there was a huge climate change protest on Sunday
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s visit with President Biden: to ask for help on a 10-point peace proposal and address the food security crisis
- Drew Barrymore apologized for her decision to resume production despite the ongoing Writers Guild of America strike and reversed her decision
- TikTok Shop is the latest social media platform to pivot to e-commerce
- Orcas are attacking people now . . . ? Or still. But now it might not just be playing and could be actual hunting
And then we chatted with Chip Wade, CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group. He told us how he grew up in the hospitality industry and his tips for staying cool in a hot kitchen. USHG operates Gramercy Tavern, Union Square Cafe, and Blue Smoke, among other restaurants.