It's a Fashion Revolution - Carrie Ann Moran
Season 3 is starting as I mean to go on - with a revolution! We hear Carrie Ann's story and take a moment to shine a light on the social issues behind the clothes we wear, and the power in numbers. Not to forget, Fashion Revolution week is one week a year, but the fashion revolution exists every time you get dressed or walk into a clothing store.
- [06:30 ] A bit about Carrie Ann & her journey to being eco-concious.
- [11:00 ] What made her switch careers.
- [15:30 ] What is Fashion Revolution?
- [21:00 ] What kind of events will be on & how can people take part?
- [27:00 ] The changes we are seeing in the fashion industry.
- [30:00 ] Transparency, what it means and what we're looking for.
- [33:30 ] The changes we've seen in Ireland and our issue with textile recycling.
- [36:00 ] Should we be boycotting?
- [39:00 ] Carrie Ann's general tips for a more sustainable and just wardrobe.
- [45:00 ] Random questions!
Get bonus content on Patreon
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/bookofleaves.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.