James Ravenhall - Dose of Inspiration: Psychedelics Meet Design Thinking
James Ravenhall of NewTerritory joins Paul F. Austin to discuss how design thinking can be used to bring innovation to psychedelics & vice versa.
James Ravenhall is Creative Director of NewTerritory design studios. He talks about the studio’s visionary microdosing platform concept, “Human Nature,” and how products like it might shift cultural perceptions of psychedelics. Paul and James envision new approaches to psychedelic experiences through the lens of design thinking.
Find episode links, summary, and transcript here.
Originally a trained chef, James spent a number of years working in kitchens in London and Paris before earning his Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Product Design. Now, he has over thirteen years’ experience leading engagements in brand strategy, product, spatial, service, and digital for some of the world’s most impactful brands across the automotive, aviation, and space travel industries. James has an innate passion to work alongside people who see design not just as a tool, but as a platform to make a positive impact and effect real change for people, planet. and profit.
Instagram - @newterritorydesign
Website - www.newterritory.io
- James shares about his human-centered approach to design and how psychedelics are influencing his work.
- The triple bottom line, “People-Planet-Profit,” and the guiding principles of James’s work.
- James unpacks his creative process and what inspires new projects in his studio.
“Human Nature” — a tailored microdosing platform concept that aims to shift public perception and influence legislation.
- Using design thinking to envision how microdosing can be integrated into daily life.
- Applying James’s approach to rethinking high-dose psychedelic experiences and ways to personalize experiences.
- Gourmet dining in space and other projects James is working on.
- “Human Nature” — James’s microdosing product concept
- Transcendental Meditation
- THE WELL New York
- Article, “Could Psychedelics Help To Heal The Crisis of Disconnection?” by Sam Gandy, Rosalind Watts and Alex Evans
- Synthesis Institute
These show links may contain affiliate links. Third Wave receives a small percentage of the product price if you purchase through the above affiliate links.
This episode is brought to you by Third Wave’s Coaching Certification Program. This is an opportunity for coaches with existing practices to be a part of a movement that will change lives.
This episode is brought to you by Apollo Neuro, the first scientifically validated wearable that actively improves your body’s resilience to stress. Apollo was developed by a friend of Third Wave, Dr. David Rabin M.D Ph.D., a neuroscientist and board-certified psychiatrist who has been studying the impact of chronic stress in humans for nearly 15 years. Third Wave listeners get 15% off—just use this link.