Jay Dobyns, Federal Agent of 27 Years, Veteran Undercover Operative, New York Times Best-Selling Author, High School Football Coach
“A government-trained predator.” That’s one description of this week’s Team Never Quit Podcast guest, Jay Dobyns. While he participated in hundreds of undercover operations as a federal agent, he is best known for getting past multiple layers of security and becoming a member of the Hells Angels. Jay's book about that investigation - No Angel, My Harrowing Undercover Journey to the Inner Circle of the Hells Angels - is a New York Times and international bestseller. Dobyns served as a federal agent for twenty-seven years and was driven to succeed at any cost without regard for himself.
These days, Jay has gone from a life of daring, undercover operations to becoming a High School football coach in Tucson, Arizona. Listen in as Jay and Marcus share an engaging conversation about Jay’s encounters and adventures.
In this episode you will hear:
- The entertainment industry gets second takes. If they miss a line, they can try again. In real life, there are no second chances.
- I feel very blessed to have entered undercover work. Nothing really prepares you until you get out there and get your feet wet.
- I’ve bought pea shooters, rocket launchers, bombs, homemade PVC pipe bombs, and servo-activated C4.
- I infiltrated home invasion crews. That’s where I got my training to take on the Hells Angels.
- I didn’t always succeed at things, but I always tried.
- My undercover persona eventually became who I was.
- I made a million mistakes in my life, and my wife and family have given me one million and one second chances.
- We fabricated the murder of a Hells Angels rival, and that is when I was welcomed into the organization.
- I ruined everything for the mission. It was heartbreaking to see what I had done to get there.
- God does not build us to intentionally betray people.
- My agency failed to react to threats against me. I was told “You’re on your own.”
- When no one cares who gets credit for success, we’re on to something.
- Want someone to remember your name? You’re gonna have to do something they will never forget.
- If you want something you’ve never had before, you’re gonna have to do things you’ve never done before.
- Life is about making mistakes, but don’t remake mine - I can tell you how they turn out. It’s not good.
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store