Jen Hatmaker: What We Win When We Lose It All
1. Jen describes the shock of losing her 26-year marriage overnight.
2. How, looking back, Jen sees that she knew something was wrong in her relationship well before she “knew” something was wrong–and the moment she reached out to Glennon to share it for the first time.
3. Why Jen’s friends told her she was a “human spotlight” and “cleanup crew” in her marriage–and the pain of realizing she was powerful in every role other than wife.
4. How Jen convinced herself that her marriage was enough when in reality she felt like a pot of water slowly building to a boil.
5. The common hell of being lonely inside of marriage–and why we won’t be fully honest with ourselves, our partners, or our friends about what we are most afraid of.
Jen Hatmaker is the New York Times bestselling author of For the Love and Fierce, Free, and Full of Fire, along with twelve other books. She hosts the award-winning For the Love podcast, is the delighted curator of the Jen Hatmaker Book Club, and leader of a tightly knit online community where she reaches millions of people each week. Jen is a co-founder of Legacy Collective, a giving organization that grants millions of dollars toward sustainable projects around the world. She is a mom to five kids and lives happily just outside Austin, Texas.
To learn more about Jen, visit www.jenhatmaker.com.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices