Jenny Valentish - How Martial Arts Changed My Life
To learn more about why I've started a "Go Fund Me", check out this link: gf.me/u/zkzxgm
Jenny Valentish, author of Everything Harder Than Everyone Else. Jenny is an amateur Muay Thai fighter and a journalist.
In this episode, Georgia and Jenny explore the chapters of the Everything Harder Than Everyone Else book and give you a glimpse of what you will learn from it as an athlete or someone who loves sports and how martial arts can actually save someone’s life. Tune in to know the story of the Everything Harder Than Everyone Else book and why you should read it!
Georgia and Jenny discuss:
- What makes the difference between someone who experiences pain in childhood is drawn to it and someone who experiences pain who avoids it
- How sport helped others overcome their trauma
- Ego and anger, are they credible tools for fighting?
- How body change has such a profound impact on someone’s confidence and starts to impact other areas of their life
- The crisis that all athletes encounter
- Will Jenny fight again?
Get her awesome book here and check out The Fight Back Project in Chapter 5!
Connect with Jenny:
Thank you so much to Nari for the beautiful song "Shape Me" heard at the beginning and end of this episode. Nari wrote this song about Shape Your Life, a boxing program for self-identified female survivors of violence in Canada. She wrote this song using the words and experiences shared by participants with Cathy Van Ingen. You can find out more about Shape Your Life in my interview with Cathy in Episode 8. You can hear more of Nari's work by going to her Instagram: @narithesaga