Jo Permaul: Build Resilience and Balance in Your Therapy Practice
Jo Permaul retrained as a homeopath following a long relationship with the therapy in helping her with allergies and other ailments.
Initially, Jo worked as a teacher but wanted to use her love for natural and complementary medicine to help others. She has been treating people for seven years and also works as a Holistic Life Coach.
Following the challenges of moving her practice online due to COVID-19, Jo launched Resilient Therapist where she helps other therapists create a balance between treating patients and managing the business side of their practice, for which she won the Gold Award in The Janey Loves Awards.
Jo joins me today to share her journey from teaching to Homeopathy and the transferable skills she’s gained to help her launch her new business.
She shares how her business evolved from treating people to helping other therapists with their businesses and reveals the importance of finding the right balance between helping others in your practice and managing business tasks.
Jo shares the tools she uses to stay organised and how technology and the pandemic are helping normalise specific therapies.
She shares what she has noticed with her clients during the lockdown and how she maintains her resilience and wellbeing during these challenging times.
She also describes how the second lockdown’s seasonal changes are causing different challenges and what she does to stay up-to-date with the latest homeopathic practices.
“It’s about boundaries; it’s about you as a therapist having good boundaries and knowing what you can and can’t do.”
This week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- What inspired Jo to become a homeopath
- The teaching skills that were transferable to Jo’s new career
- How Jo’s business went from being a therapist to coaching other therapists
- What the Resilient Therapist programme is and who it’s for
- Why Jo chose “resilient” as a keyword in her business
- Learning how to identify your boundaries, and balance helping others and saying no
- Learning to connect the process of running a business and providing therapy
- What is homeopathy and how it helps people
- Holistic Life Coaching, what it is and what it can do
- How Jo has handled the transition to online practice
- How Jo fits her tasks together daily to make sure everything gets done
- The weekly schedule Jo uses to provide a balance between work and family
- Tools Jo uses to manage her business
- How many creative and healing types can find it challenging to integrate technology into their business
- Why outsourcing certain parts of your business will free you to treat more people
- What Jo has seen with her clients in regards to challenges and resilience during the pandemic
- How seasonal changes are affecting people during the lockdown
- How Jo has maintained her resilience and health through the pandemic
- What Jo does to keep up-to-date with everything in homeopathic therapy
- How walking helps Jo deal with tough days
- What living more means to Jo and some of her favourite things to do
Connect with Jo Permaul:
- Jo Permaul Homeopathy Website
- Resilient Therapists Website
- Resilient Therapists on Instragram
- Jo Permaul on Instagram
- Jo Permail on Twitter
Join the POWER to Live More CALM Membership
Attention home-based coaches and consultants!
Are you tired of feeling alone, isolated, and frustrated with running your home-based coaching or consulting business? Are you sick of feeling like your life would be better, and you’d be happier if you felt more organised and productive? Do you feel like there’s simply not enough time in a day to get all the things done that you need to do to build a successful business while making time to live more?
It’s time to stop the isolation and start getting more organised, productive, and focused on the tasks that will move the needle forward.
It’s time to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership!
If you’re ready to:
- Stop recreating the wheel and focus on the things that truly matter in your life and business
- Learn what you need to know to be successful and ‘live more’
- Get accountability help from a group of like-minded home-based business owners
Then you need to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme!
To learn more about the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme and apply, visit PowerToLiveMore.com/GetCalm
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favorite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC
The post Jo Permaul: Build Resilience and Balance in Your Therapy Practice first appeared on POWER to Live More.
The post Jo Permaul: Build Resilience and Balance in Your Therapy Practice appeared first on POWER to Live More.