Joanna Patterson of FlixBus - Next Gen Intercity Bus Service
A mobility provider that has changed the way over 100 million people have traveled -- FlixBus is now taking on the US...Joanna Patterson, Head of Business Development for FlixBus (a unique combination of tech startup, e-commerce platform and sustainable transportation company) joins Marc Raco and Anthony DeRico.
- How we need more intercity bus travel
- Bus travel hasn’t innovated quickly, other players haven’t brought technology that makes it better for consumer, and how FlixBus does take a fragmented industry and makes it better to help more people get places
- A main player in Europe, hoping to be main player in US
- A few different clicks you can track buses, buses are well maintained, there is a better experience including plugs, wifi, clean,
- Charter bus operators typically are partners
- Allows bus companies its to enter the line run business because they don't have to setup a full business model and infrastructure
- FlixBus in the US trying to convince people to take buses for the first time
- Being a game changer is a combination of things: great mobile experience and good experience being on the bus, using data to optimize pricing and the network
- Skewing toward millennials and college students
- The physical touchpoint with the customer is a driver
- Being a hand in hand partner in the success ion bus operators
- The nature of the partnership
- Important that partners can provide the customer with a good experience
- Technological capabilities are not important because FlixBus has that capability
- How treating customers well is very important
- Management and training of drivers and their interaction with customers including on the "mobility partner portal"
- Does maple flavored salmon jerky meet expectations?