Jonathan Lu & Shauheen Etminan, Ph.D. - Ancient Psychoactive Potions: Beta-Carbolines & Syrian Rue
Jonathan Lu & Shauheen Etminan, founders of Magi Ancestral Supplements, join Paul F. Austin to discuss the rich world of beta-Carbolines.
Find episode links, summary, and transcript here.
Jonathan & Shauheen are the co-founders of VCENNA, a drug discovery company that creates mental wellness solutions from psychoactive plants used ceremonially in Ancestral Eastern traditions. In this enchanting conversation, they share about their research and experimentation into Syrian rue and other near-forgotten plants, unpacking their rich historical and anthropological contexts. They explain the unique neurobiological and subjective effects of beta-Carbolines, including when combined with tryptamine-containing substances such as in an Ayahuasca brew. Paul F. Austin shares his own experiences with their formulation, Stard Deep Meditation Supplement.
Visit ancestralmagi.com to learn more, and use code PAUL10 at checkout for 10% off their unique products.
- Jonathan & Shauheen’s ventures, VCENNA and Ancestral Magi.
- Exploring forgotten divine potions, haoma, and soma, and the ancient and modern uses of Espand (Syrian rue).
- Psychedelics, Buddhism, and meditation.
- Exploring the physiological effects of beta-Carbolines.
- Shauheen and Jonathan’s personal experiences with beta-Carbolines and psychedelics.
- Ancestral Magi - use code PAUL10 at checkout for 10% off
- Third Wave's Magi Review: Rediscovering a 4000 Year Old Spiritual Elixir
These show links may contain affiliate links. Third Wave receives a small percentage of the product price if you purchase through the above affiliate links.
This podcast is brought to you by Third Wave's Mushroom Grow Kit. Get the tools you need to grow mushrooms along with an in-depth guide to finding spores.