Jose Muñoz Aycart - Empower the Healer Within: Rethinking At-Home Psychedelic Therapy
Jose Muñoz Aycart, Co-founder of Wondermed, joins Paul F. Austin to discuss revolutionizing mental health through at-home ketamine treatments.
Find episode links, summary, and transcript here.
As Co-founder at Wonder Sciences, Wondermed’s parent company, Jose Muñoz Aycart combines his experience in international economics and astrophysics to build the Wondermed ecosystem, empowering people’s inner healer by providing affordable, personalized, evidence-based resources.
Having previously built self-sustained desalination plants in underdeveloped countries, Jose has shifted his focus to healing mental-health disorders with the power of psychedelic medicine, helping raise the $5.6M seed round that made Wonder Sciences possible.
His goal is to continue pushing the boundaries of our imagination through innovation.
- How Jose applies his diverse background to psychedelics.
- Wondermed’s goal of “empowering the healer” through accessible, affordable treatment.
- The essential resources Wondermed offers its clients in addition to ketamine treatments.
- Jose’s own psychedelic experiences, which confirmed perspectives arrived at from studying astrophysics and philosophy.
- The power of expanding our perspective.
- “Ketatations” and the role of ketamine in group contexts.
- Who is eligible for Wondermed’s ketamine services and why.
- Wondermed’s plans to support the psychedelic community as legalization and public acceptance progress.
This episode is brought to you by Apollo Neuro, the first scientifically validated wearable that actively improves your body’s resilience to stress. Apollo was developed by a friend of Third Wave, Dr. David Rabin M.D Ph.D., a neuroscientist and board-certified psychiatrist who has been studying the impact of chronic stress in humans for nearly 15 years. Third Wave listeners get 15% off—just use this link.
This podcast is brought to you by Third Wave's Mushroom Grow Kit. Get the tools you need to grow mushrooms along with an in-depth guide to finding spores.