Julian Jagtenberg, founder and CEO of Somnox, about sleep, sales and building a dream team.
Julian is the founder and CEO of Somnox, which he started with fellow students at the Technical University of Delft in 2015. Two years ago they introduced the world’s first sleep robot to the market. Somnox patented technology received various awards: Philips Innovation Award, Rabobank Sustainable Innovation Award and the #1 most innovative business of the Netherlands. But most importantly, the Somnox sleeprobot is used by tens of thousands people around the world to improve their sleep.
Julian is also a brilliant speaker and presenter. In March this year, 1,5 million viewers saw Julians pitch at the Dragons Den on Dutch National Television.
In this episode, we'll cover the following topics:
- Sleep as a superpower;
- Shifting from distributors to direct to consumer;
- Building a strong team to support the growth;
- People: Julian Jagtenberg, Reid Hoffman
- Books: The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle, A guide to the good life by Wiliam B Irvine
- Companies: Somnox, TU Delft, PHIA, Rabobank, Coolblue, VanMoof, Auping, Health Investment Partners
- Media: Dragons Den Somnox, CES 2018 We went to bed with Somnox the sleep robot, Somnox Youtube channel, hackyourcareer.com (Somnox is hiring!), Founder Book Club
- Other: Trustpilot reviews, bootstrapping, Baba o’ Riley - The Who