Julie Piatt: Seeing The Divinity In Everything
“We are the ones we've been waiting for."
Welcome to the latest installment in my ongoing series of mind melds with my wife and in-house spiritual guru, the wise and ethereal Julie Piatt, aka SriMati.
Longtime listeners are well acquainted with my better half. For those newer to the show, Julie is very good at many things. In addition to being an accomplished yogi, healer, musician, and mom to four children, she's also the bestselling author of three vegan cookbooks. She hosts the For The Life of Me podcast. She lords over Water Tiger, her online spiritual community. And she's the founder and 'Mother Arc' of SriMu, her recently launched plant-based cheese start-up.
This conversation opens with an update on SriMu. How Julie manifested her vision to create the absolute best artisanal vegan cheese on the market. Start-up founder life behind-the scenes. The values she is building into her food and work culture. And the broader mission she holds for the future.
We discuss the hows and whys behind my decision to take my first ever extended work sabbatical (don't worry the podcast will continue as scheduled).
And we explore strategies for navigating the perilous emotional and financial land mines that accompany the holiday season.
Finally, we close with thoughts on weathering the judgment of others. Maintaining a growth mindset. Approaching others with humility. And the benefits of choosing to see the divinity in all things.
I sincerely hope you enjoy the divine offering.
Peace + Plants,
Listen, Watch & Subscribe
Thanks to this week’s sponsors
Quip: Your one stop solution for oral health! Quip starts at just $25 and if you go to: getquip.com/richroll right now, you can get your first refill pack for FREE!
Athletic Greens: 75 Wholefood Sourced Ingredients, 5 Key Areas of Health, 10 years in development. The Delicious Daily Habit That Sets You Up For A Healthy Future. Healthy Daily Supplement. Invest In Your Health. No Compromises. Go to: athleticgreens.com/richroll and claim your special offer today: 20 FREE travel packs valued at $79 with your first purchase.
Squarespace: The easiest way to create a beautiful website, blog, or online store for you and your ideas. Save 10% at checkout when visit squarespace.com/richroll and use the offer code “RICHROLL” at checkout.
Note: One of the best ways to support the podcast is to support the sponsors. For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity url's and discount codes, visit my Resources page and click "Sponsors".
"Not Cheese" non-dairy delights: To learn more and place your order, visit SriMu.com
Background, Context & Reference
- Connect with Julie: SriMati.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
- Connect with Rich: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube
- SriMu artisanal ‘not cheeses': Website | Purchase SriMu Subscription Box
- Julie’s Book: This Cheese Is Nuts
- Julie’s Podcast: For The Life of Me
- Julie’s Music: SriMati
- Julie’s Jai Yoga Foundational Series
- Rich and Julie’s Cookbooks: The Plantpower Way & The Plantpower Way: Italia
- Plantpower Retreats: ourplantpowerworld.com
- Rich’s Memoir: Finding Ultra
Related Podcasts You Might Enjoy
- RRP #465: Keep Evolving: Julie Piatt Returns
- RRP #387: The Power Of Ceremony And Ritual With Julie Piatt
- RRP #361: AMORE! Rich & Julie On Relationships — Plus Italian Cuisine 2.0
- RRP #295: Ditching Dairy: The Doyenne Of Vegan Cuisine On Food As A Portal For Transformation
- RRP #254: How To Build An Authentic Brand with Julie Piatt
- RRP #200: Let’s Talk About Death with Julie Piatt
- RRP #333: How To Build A Conscious Relationship with Julie Piatt
- RRP #343: Creative Partnerships with Julie Piatt
Thanks to Jason Camiolo for audio production and show notes. Margo Lubin and Blake Curtis for video, editing and graphics. Leia Marasovich for portraits. Interstitial music by SriMati Music and theme music by Ana Leimma.
*Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
Tell Your Friends & Share Online!
Donate: Check out our Patreon account
Download Our Free App: Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements.
Support The Sponsors: One of the best ways to support the podcast is to support our sponsors. For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity url's and discount codes, visit my Resources page and click "Sponsors".