Juraj Bednar: Using Bitcoin Is like a Filter for People with an Open Mind
Juraj Bednar is an entrepreneur, hacker and co-founder of Paralelná Polis Bratislava and Prague’s Paralelní Polis. It hosts a hackerspace called Institute of Cryptoanarchy and a cafeteria with best coffee in Prague and accepting only cryptocurrencies. His favourite cryptocurrency is bitcoin, he also uses monero as a medium of exchange. In his talk “Financial surveillance and crypto utopias” at the #HCPP19 Hackers Congress Juraj presented his research on how banks are enforcing KYC, anti-money laundering regulations while at the same time do not care about it, if they want you as a customer. He also shows us hacks to regain financial privacy with cryptocurrency.
We talk about:
- Opposing totalitarian regime and communism
- Concept of Paraleni Polis
- How to survive in a society that is not free and the development of parallel society
- KYC, anti-money laundering, tax evasion
- Banks are over-regulating, but they do not need to, if they want you as a customer
- Need to have a bank account
- Security theatre
- Hacks for better financial privacy
- Why bitcoin is his favourite cryptocurrency
“Don’t feed the beast with your data.” – Juraj Bednar
Ask a question
Support the podcast
Der Beitrag Juraj Bednar: Using Bitcoin Is like a Filter for People with an Open Mind erschien zuerst auf Bitcoin & Co. Podcast.