Karen Sweet | Finding A Better Way
Richard Costello connects with Karen Sweet.
Karen Sweet is currently Sr Manager Financial Services - Canadian Real Estate Practice Lead with Accenture. Karen has over 15 years of experience in consulting, asset management and finance and has worked for leading groups including Westfield and Oxford Properties. Karen is an expert at delivering large-scale technology and innovation transformations within the Commercial Real Estate industry.
In this episode Karen discusses the following:
- What it was like working for Westfield
- The benefits of having a finance and operations background
- Proudest professional moment
- Passions motivating performance
- What sets Accenture apart
- Current role, projects and objectives
- Opportunities on the horizon for the real estate industry following the recent market disruption
- Advice for anyone starting out in the industry
- Book recommendations (You look like a thing and I love you – Janelle Shane. Lamb – Christopher Moore. Olive Ketteridge – Elizabeth Strout)
- Recent purchase that has changed Karen’s life (under $100)
- What Karen would write on a banner