925 Katherine Schwarzenegger Pratt on The Power of Forgiveness
Forgiveness is a gift.
Forgive and forget. We've all heard this phrase at some point, but it's way easier said than done.
We are all hurt at some point in our lives. Maybe a close friend has betrayed your trust, a family member ignored your hospitality, or a partner cheated on you. Sometimes, these conflicts end, and the other person admits their wrong and asks for forgiveness, but other times, they don't. Maybe they couldn't care less that they hurt you.
Sometimes, people intentionally hurt us. Maybe you've been abused, neglected, manipulated, or harassed. As a young boy, I was sexually assaulted by a man I didn't know. It was traumatizing.
There are something things that just seem unforgivable.
But forgiveness is not something you need permission for. It's a choice that you make yourself, and ultimately, it's an empowering and liberating one.
My guest today on The School of Greatness has just written a whole book about the subject, and it's a book you're going to want to read.
Katherine Schwarzenegger Pratt is an American New York Times bestselling author, TV correspondent, philanthropist, and the daughter of actor Arnold Schwarzenegger and broadcast journalist Maria Shriver. In 2019, Katherine married actor Chris Pratt, and let me tell you — they are relationship goals.
In 2010, she wrote her first book entitled Rock What You've Got: Secrets to Loving Your Inner and Outer Beauty from Someone Who's Been There and Back. In this book, Katherine describes her personal journey and encourages other young women to achieve confidence and a positive self-image.
Her fourth book called The Gift of Forgiveness is set for release on March 10. In the book, she interviews 22 different women about their experience overcoming trauma and hurt while figuring out the path to healing and forgiveness.
Katherine is also a HUGE animal lover. Katherine works as an Ambassador for Best Friends Animal Society and the ASPCA, lending her time, voice, and energy to spread awareness about animal rescue. She rescued her own dog, Maverick, and even wrote a children's book about him called Maverick and Me.
Katherine is such a genuinely kind and thoughtful person. I really enjoyed this interview with her and was blown away by the things she had to say.
Are you battling with forgiveness? Do you feel imprisoned by your pain? Then join me on Episode 925 with the wonderful Katherine Schwarzenegger Pratt to learn how forgiveness is a step toward healing and greatness.
- What’s the most powerful lesson you’ve learned from your mom? (1:30 )
- Was there ever a time when you didn’t love yourself? (4:05 )
- What thing in your life are you most proud of? (8:13 )
- What has been the hardest thing for you to forgive in your life? (12:10 )
- How many people did you need to forgive in the process of writing this book? (17:45 )
- When have you felt most alone? (27:25 )
- What have animals taught you about forgiveness? (30:28 )
- How can you forgive something quickly when it saddens or angers you? (32:55 )
- Why it’s important to be proud of your relationships (9:39 )
- The biggest relationship lesson Katherine has learned in her first year of marriage (10:15 )
- Why waiting for someone to ask for forgiveness doesn’t work (14:15 )
- How long it takes to forgive someone (19:58 )
- The best strategies for forgiveness (24:34 )
- How to forgive yourself (37:06 )
- Plus much more...
If you enjoyed this episode, show notes and more at http://www.lewishowes.com/925 and follow at instagram.com/lewishowes