Kevin Hart ON: How to Conquer Your Fear of Failing & Processing the Obstacles of Forgiveness, Love, and Loss
You can order my new book 8 RULES OF LOVE at 8rulesoflove.com or at a retail store near you. You can also get the chance to see me live on my first ever world tour. This is a 90 minute interactive show where I will take you on a journey of finding, keeping and even letting go of love. Head to jayshettytour.com and find out if I'll be in a city near you. Thank you so much for all your support - I hope to see you soon.
Today, I am talking to Kevin Hart. Kevin is an actor, comedian, author, investor, and CEO. Over the years he has become Hollywood’s box office powerhouse, opening ten films at number one at the box office with $4.23 billion revenue at the global box office. In 2020 Hart starred in “Die Hart,” the first production of its kind, created through his digital network, Laugh Out Loud, and Executive Produced through his production company, Hartbeat Productions. Kevin’s memoir, I Can’t Make This Up, debuted at number one on The New York Times Best Sellers List and remained on the Top 10 Nonfiction Hardcover Bestsellers List for ten weeks straight. Kevin’s digital network, the Laugh Out Loud Network, serves as a platform for emerging comedians and is home to two premium series which both feature Kevin – “What the Fit?” and “Cold as Balls.”
We get to see Kevin’s serious side as he talks about self love and team effort. He places emphasis on the importance of focusing our energy on finding a solution rather than wasting time on the problem, how team effort is the foundation to all forms of success, why we should always consider both sides of the story, the beauty of cheering for others success and celebrating it with them, and how self love and self appreciation must start with you and not come from someone else.
Truly, there is no shortcut to success. It is earned through hard work, clear purpose, surrounding yourself with the right people, and a multitude of self love.
What We Discuss:
- 00:00:00 Intro
- 00:03:19 Looking in the mirror and being okay with yourself
- 00:07:38 Having parents that opens opportunities for you
- 00:13:06 Don’t focus on the problem, focus on the solution
- 00:20:45 It’s hard to see the good if you’re only seeing the bad
- 00:25:20 The simplest things came from an idea
- 00:35:12 Team effort is the foundation of success
- 00:43:19 Celebrate each other’s success
- 00:58:24 Talk to yourself
- 01:06:47 Looking at things with both lenses
- 01:10:16 You gotta learn it
- 01:15:12 Would you wish pain and suffering for anyone?
- 01:20:50 Critical thinking
- 01:25:27 There is no handbook to fame
- 01:29:56 Kevin on Final Five
- Monsters and How to Tame Them
- Kevin Hart | Website
- Kevin Hart | Instagram
- Kevin Hart | Twitter
- Kevin Hart | Facebook
- Kevin Hart | TikTok
- LOL! Network
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty