Key Vitamin Deficiencies in Bariatric Surgery
For a limited time get FREE access to Dr. Berg’s brand new “How to bulletproof your immune system” course.
Click here to get access now: drberg.com/gift
In this podcast, Dr. Berg discussed bariatric surgery and vitamin deficiencies. A lot of people that do this surgery is seeing benefit with their diabetes.
What Causes an Increase in Insulin
1. Consuming a lot of carbohydrates
2. Eating – every time you eat, it triggers the insulin through a hormone in the small intestine called GIP or Gastric Inhibitory Peptide.
Disadvantages of Bariatric Surgery
1. Less ability to fulfill nutrient requirements
2. Altered absorption of nutrients
The Most Common Vitamin Deficiencies from Bariatric Surgery
• Vitamin B1
• Vitamin B12
• Vitamin E
• Vitamin D
What to Do if You Had This Surgery
• Nutritional Yeast
• Trace Minerals
• Sun – Cod Liver Oil
• Green Powder (Concentrated High Quality)
• ACV with meals
• Intermittent Fasting
Dr. Eric Berg DC Bio:
Dr. Berg, 51 years of age is a chiropractor who specializes in weight loss through nutritional & natural methods. His private practice is located in Alexandria, Virginia. His clients include senior officials in the U.S. government & the Justice Department, ambassadors, medical doctors, high-level executives of prominent corporations, scientists, engineers, professors, and other clients from all walks of life. He is the author of The 7 Principles of Fat Burning.