Knowledge is Power: Finding the right information
One of the best and worst things about investing in the 21st century: there is never a shortage of information. You can find more facts and opinions on a company than you'll never need, but it also means you can get lost in this sea of conflicting opinions.
One Equity Mates guest referred to it as the "firehose of information" which we think sums it up quite nicely. To manage this information flow, the important skill is not being able to find information but finding the right information. In this episode we break down how we manage information and list some of our go-to sources.
In this episode you will learn:
- How we find information
- Difference between top down and bottom up approaches
- Where you can find information put out by companies themselves
- What you can learn from traditional financial media
- How the internet has created a whole culture of sharing information and ideas
- Some of our favourite financial books and podcasts
Stocks and resources discussed:
- Thought Starters
- Australian Financial Review
- Yahoo finance
- Google finance
- Trade view
Head to the Get Started Investing website for more info.
Want more? Subscribe to Equity Mates Investing Podcast, social media channels, Thought Starters mailing list and more here
Equity Mates is a part of the Diamantina Media Network - the home of Australia's favourite podcasts. For more information, click here