Kristian Aleixo – Escaping the Clutches of Fate: Building Resilience to Life’s Speed Bumps (AoL 137)
To succeed in life we're all going to have obstacles get in our way. Sometimes it'll be people telling us we can't do something. Other times it might be a lack of knowledge about a certain topic.
Today's guest, Kristian Aleixo, is all about taking obstacles head on. However, he looks at them as challenges. And while he might not necessarily have the solution to dealing with the challenge right away, he doesn't make any excuses and makes it his mission to figure it out.
This attitude is helped him in his career as a race car driver. And because of his resilience, he's looking to become an IndyCar racer in the next couple of years.
In this session, we hope that you're inspired to learn how to appreciate challenges. Because once you conquer them, you can use them as part of your story in helping others!
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
* How does Kristian compare to the stereotypical racecar driver? 6:31
* What kind of mindset does it take to dig deep when obstacles get in his way of being a high performer? 12:42
* What is the importance of building relationships with organizations around the community as a professional athlete? 17:06
* Are there any pointers that Kristian would recommend to help assimilate into a new city or community? 23:09
* What was the catalyst for him to write his first book? 29:41
* How did he find the time to actually write it? 32:34
* How many versions of the book did he end up going through? 38:57
* What does the future look like for Kristian? 40:45
* How does training work for today's racer? 42:32
* What is his top 3 favorite books? 47:26
* Is there something he's become good at saying no to? 48:34
* What's something that lot of people don't realize is a huge waste of money? 49:11
* What on his bucket list might surprise people? 50:48
* What's the secret to achieving personal freedom? 51:38
Right click here and save-as to download this episode to your computer.
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
* Kristian Online: Facebook, Twitter
* Cohost: Harrison Painter
* Session 'Sponsor': Uncover Your Personal Mission
* Gleaners Food Bank
* Kristi Lee Uninterrupted Interview
* Indy Car Dropping for New Years
* Braxton Cosby's 'My Life in Story' Series
* Kristian's book - My Life in Story: The Outside Groove
* Pursuit of Happyness - Chris Gardner
* iAdvance Motorsports - Darren Manning
* <a href="http://www.racecraft1.
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store