LED Lights, Lyme Disease & Pgh in the Limelight
It’s the Friday news roundup! A local program for movie and theater professionals is getting a reboot, we’ve found yet another thing the state is worst at (lyme disease, eep!), and there’s a new multi-million proposal to study exactly how to replace our city’s thousands of sodium-vapor streetlights over the next few years.
Thanks to all those who’ve done the great reporting we discussed today:
- Julia Felton in the Trib on potential plans to convert the city’s streetlights to LED lights
- Emily Payne with CMU on an ordinance to dim Pittsburgh’s light pollution
- Our interview with Dark Sky Defender Diane Turnshek
- Karen Hicks in StateImpact Pennsylvania on PA leading the nation in Lyme disease
- Bill O’Driscoll in WESA on the new workforce training program from the Pittsburgh Film Office and Pittsburgh Public Theater
- Maria Sciullo in Pittsburgh Magazine on our city's status as “Hollywood on the Mon”
Take our survey!
Want some more Pittsburgh news?
- Make sure to sign up for our daily morning Hey Pittsburgh newsletter.
- We’re also on Twitter @citycastpgh & Instagram @CityCastPgh!
- Not a fan of social? Then leave us a voicemail at 412-212-8893.
Interested in advertising with City Cast? Find more info here.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices