LL 100: Things Take Time – Balancing Work and Creativity w/ Nomi of Piquetures
Today’s episode is a fun treat for creatives, lost post-grads, and anyone feeling ‘stuck’ in their path. We have on experimental audio-visual artist and full-time web developer Nomi, creator at “Piquetures” on YouTube. We talked about how Nomi works creative projects for 2-3 hours per day, why it’s okay to take a gap year if you’re feeling lost, and the power of collaborating with other creatives.
Nomi was featured in the wrap-up of the Dream Life Series as a success story, so it was wonderful to catch up and learn more about her story and growth as a true artist of life!
In this episode we explore:
- 1:30 – Nomi’s creative “coming-of-age” story: Molecular biology, a gap year, and the coding bootcamp that changed everything
- 8:42 – Thoughts on feeling stuck with your college degree + exploring as many different paths as possible
- 11:36 – Identifying as an artist first: Why Nomi thinks of her 9-5 as “school” and artwork as her “job”
- 15:57 – The Art of Travel: An art retreat / road trip that led to Nomi’s proudest project yet
- 18:47 – Making YouTube friends + How to connect with creatives through collaboration
- 22:20 – Nomi’s daily habits, balancing work and art & making time for creative projects
- 27:55 – Advice for young, aspiring artist who feel like they’re running out of time
- 31:24 – Q&A: Nomi’s dream life, recommended resource, life-changing habit, best received advice, and favorite part about life
- Dream Life Success Stories
- The Art of Travel
- Level Up // video game storytelling & learning things take time!
- How to Steal Like an Artist
- Blinkist | blinkist.com/lavendaire
- I didn’t want to go to art school because I didn’t want people to tell me how to do my art.
- Art elevates your life.
- Things take time, and that’s okay.
The post LL 100: Things Take Time – Balancing Work and Creativity w/ Nomi of Piquetures appeared first on Lavendaire.