LL 110: Perfectionism, Procrastination & Changing Your Self Image w/ Sam Laura Brown
You might be a
perfectionist and not even know it. We tend to think of perfectionists as
people who are obsessed with being organized and who never finish projects
because it’s impossible to get them just right.
But perfectionists are also: people-pleasers, procrastinators, and people who
fill their time with busywork.
Today’s guest, Sam
Laura Brown, is a personal development blogger and mindset coach for the
perfectionists who need to get out of their own way so that they can reach
their full potential.
Aileen and Sam
explore all the different ways perfectionism manifests, why we can work on
projects all day and still not see results, and how to ‘trick’ your brain into
believing you’re the type of person that you want to be – whether that’s a
morning person or someone who can simply keep a plant alive.
In this episode, we
- 1:16 – Recognizing the perfectionist in yourself: Where it comes from & What it looks like
- 8:25 – How Sam pushed through her own perfectionism and procrastination to start her blog
- 17:48 – Why starting new things is the best personal growth tool (especially when it’s uncomfortable)
- 21:52 – Rewriting the “stories” you tell yourself & creating a new self image
- 30:49 – Journaling exercise: How to convince your brain you are a new person
- 35:20 – Sam’s dream life, book recommendation, life-changing habit, best received advice & favorite part about life
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- Current Me vs. Future Me Exercise
- The Life Coach School Podcast
- Free Morning Routine Guide | http://samlaurabrown.com/lavendaire
- 2019 Artist of Life Workbook + Daily Planner | shop.lavendaire.com
- Action cures fear.
- We always act in accordance with who we believe we are.
- We always look for evidence to support the beliefs that we have.
The post LL 110: Perfectionism, Procrastination & Changing Your Self Image w/ Sam Laura Brown appeared first on Lavendaire.