LL 112: Starting a Business & Pressing Reset on the Skincare Industry w/ Liah Yoo
The beauty and skincare industry thrives on “more”: buy more products, put more on your skin, and – if they don’t work – use them more often. Today’s guest is Liah Yoo, a beauty influencer and CEO of KraveBeauty: a skincare brand that sells “less”. Through her YouTube channel and business, Liah wants to #PressReset on the skincare industry, promoting transparency, education, and confidence through healthy skin.
Aileen and Liah talk
about how KraveBeauty grew from a thirst for skincare knowledge, the importance
of a dressing up a brand with your own voice, and what it means to be an
In this episode we
- 1:24 – How Liah went from working at Korea’s largest beauty company to founding her own skincare brand
- 8:19 – What it takes to start a business: Defining your Why + Finding your brand’s voice
- 11:02 – How KraveBeauty stands out from other skincare brands, both in the US and Korea
- 15:20 – Skincare & decluttering: When to switch products out? When to throw them away?
- 19:49 – How to market your brand authentically + Advice for entrepreneurs
- 21:52 – Balancing and prioritizing life as a YouTube creator/CEO of an international brand
- 27:30 – “Start before you’re ready”: What Liah wishes she knew before she started her business
- 28:54 – Why Liah doesn’t exactly know where her career will be in a few years (and why she doesn’t mind!)
- 32:09 – The hardest part about launching a beauty brand + How beginners can get started in the industry
- 36:00 – Q&A: Liah’s dream life, book recommendation, life-changing habit, best received advice & favorite part about life
- Krave Beauty
- Krave Beauty Instagram
- Start with Why – Simon Sinek
- NPR How I Built This – Panera Bread
- Impact Theory
- Marie Forleo
- 2019 Artist of Life Workbook + Daily Planner | shop.lavendaire.com
- You will never stand out if you are copying another brand’s voice.
- A leader is just a problem-solver.
- By living to your fullest potential at the moment … it will take you to greater places that you could have never imagined
Have something to say? Join the conversation in our Facebook group!
Please leave us a review on iTunes. It helps more than you know <3
The post LL 112: Starting a Business & Pressing Reset on the Skincare Industry w/ Liah Yoo appeared first on Lavendaire.