LM007 The Musician's Writing Process | Part 1
Show notes at: leanmusician.com/podcast
In this episode we look at a preview of a talk I'm giving at a music school soon, all based around the composer's writing process.
Often the writing process can be overwhelming and confusing, but with a framework or process that we can go through we can get unstuck and back into flow.
In this episode we look at the following stages:
- Stage 1: Research & Inspiration
- Stage 2: Build a Soundboard
- Stage 3: Sketch & Generating Material
- Stage 4: Setup & Plan
- Stage 5: Writing & Editing
In Part 2 we will look at
- Stage 6: Producing, Arranging or Rehearsing (all big topics!)
- Stage 7: Getting Feedback
- Other general points
If you enjoy the show, please consider subscribing on Spotify, iTunes or wherever you listen to podcasts and if you're feeling particularly generous you could leave a review, which massively helps the program and the work I do with Lean Musician education. Happy composing!