Label Design and the Pit of Sin
Sponsors: Kopacetic Beer Factory
Guest: Aaron Scamihorn, Beer Label Artist
What we talked about:
- Indiana City Brewing 2019 Udder Annihilation
- Aaron explains how he came up with the label art for Udder Annihilation
- How much freedom does Aaron have with designing beer labels?
- Dustin talks about the beers he’s been drinking (Toppling Goliath, Daredevil)
- Aaron talks about the beers he’s been drinking (Indiana City, Centerpoint)
- How designing a label works when collaborating with another brewery/cidery’s artist?
- Matt talks about the beers he’s been drinking (Triton, Toppling Goliath, Bell’s, Untitled Art, Dogfish Head, Fremont, and Rhinegeist)
- Zombie Dust is available everywhere and not that special. Lower the price!
- Indiana City Brewing Earthworm War
- Aaron tells us how he got into the world of design
- The story behind Aaron becoming the label designer for Indiana City Brewing
- Doodle Crew creation story
- Aaron’s favorite label
- Indiana City Brewing 2017 Crushin Roulette
- Our thoughts on label design and beer buying
- Discussed 8th Day’s Rye Whiskey label design
Check out our podcasting host, Pinecast. Start your own podcast for free, no credit card required, forever. If you decide to upgrade, use coupon code r-a28fff for 40% off for 4 months, and support Barrel Chat Podcast.