Learn Streaming from the Experts
Chris Short (@chrisshort, Technical Marketing @RedHat, @CNCF Ambassador) talks about how to deliver compelling technical learning via streaming services, how to engage audiences and communities, and how to improve virtual events.
SHOW SPONSOR LINKS:
- DivvyCloud - Achieve continuous security & compliance. Request a free trial today!
- DivvyCloud - The best mistakes are the ones that don’t happen. Learn how IaC offers preventive cloud security.
- Datadog Security Monitoring Homepage - Modern Monitoring and Analytics
- Try Datadog yourself by starting a free, 14-day trial today. Listeners of this podcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt.
- CloudAcademy -Build hands-on technical skills. Get measurable results.
- Get 50% of the monthly price of CloudAcademy by using code CLOUDCAST
- OpenShift.tv - Weekly Streaming Programming
- DevOps’ish - Chris’ Weekly Newsletter
- Chris Short on The Cloudcast (Eps.277)
Topic 1 - Welcome to the show. It’s good to have you back on the show (Oct.2016). You’re very well-known in the CNCF community, but give folks some details on your background and what you’re working on these days.
Topic 2 - We’re all adapting to a COVID-19 world. You’ve been creating a ton of learning content for OpenShift.tv. Let’s talk about the basics of what streaming content looks like (where to watch, demos vs. discussions, etc.)
Topic 3 - What have you learned about this new way people are learning and engaging?
Topic 4 - What are some of the technical tips and tricks to keep viewers engaged? Is streaming mostly a 1-way medium, or is there 2-way / multi-way communications happening?
Topic 5 - What do people need to get started, if they want to use streaming for a project, or teach their teams (or their customers)?
Topic 6 - With so many events going virtual, what are some emerging things about streaming that could help make virtual events (or any events) better in 2021?
- Email: show at thecloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet