Learn to Love the Process of Practice with Thomas Sterner • 235
We will learn:
- Why we find it so much easier to focus on some thing we consider play rather than something we consider work.
- Why it doesn’t work when we try to enjoy something.
- 4 techniques he calls the “S Words” that help you to develop control over your practicing mind.
When was the last time you practiced something in order to get better at it? If you’re into sports or musical instruments you probably have a leg up on most adults, but even then, a lot of people just lean into the skills they already have rather than picking up new ones.
The thing about practicing, or practicing well I should say, is that it’s a total present moment activity.
Our guest is Thomas M. Sterner. He is the founder and CEO of The Practicing Mind Institute. He is considered an expert in Present Moment Functioning or PMF.
Links from the episode:
- Show Notes: https://mindlove.com/235
- Sign up for The Morning Mind Love for short daily notes from your highest self.
- Get Mind Love Premium for exclusive ad-free episodes and monthly meditations.
- Support Mind Love Sponsors
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.