Learning The Voice Of The Lord
The Lord is speaking, are we listening?
My sheep know My voice, and a stranger they will not follow.
• God can and does speak through a host of various vessels
• When someone is speaking and there is condemnation in it, that is not the word of the Lord
• Jesus spoke what He heard the Father say, so should we.
John 10:27 ESV
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
Matthew 13:16 KJV
But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear;
John 5:4, 5 ASV
4. When He hath put forth all His own, He goeth before them, and the sheep follow Him: for they know His voice.
5. And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
1 John 4:1 NLT
Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You Must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world.
2 Corinthians 13:1 NIV
This will by my third visit to you. “Every matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.”
Romans 8:1 BSB
Therefore there is now no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus.
Revelation 12:10 NASB 1977
And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down, who accuses them before our God day and night.
Luke 14:10 KJV
But when thou are bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up
higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
Hebrews 12:5, 6 NASB 1977
5. and you have forgotten the exhortation which is addressed to you as sons, “My Son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor faint when you are reproved by Him;
6. For those whom the Lord loves He disciplines, and He scourges every son whom He receives.”
Isaiah 40:31 JPS Tanakh 1917
But they that wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings as eagles; The shall run, and not be weary; They shall walk, and not faint.
Psalms 46:10 BSB
“ Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted over the earth.”
• It is crucial to have experiential knowledge with His word
• It is obvious when one is speaking a word from the Lord
• Your circumstances can talk to you, I know that voice...
• There must be confirmation
Get someone to pray for you to have ears to hear, then listen. Ask the Holy Spirit to speak to you when reading the scriptures, listen to a five year old child and “perhaps the Lord would speak through that child to you”.
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
Space FreeExzel Music Publishing (freemusicpublicdomain.com)Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/