Left Write Hook with Donna Lyon
Donna Lyon is the Founder of LEFT / WRITE // HOOK. A multi-modal creative arts research project and documentary designed to help women who have experienced sexual abuse and trauma find a connection to their body, mind and spirit through weekly transformative writing and boxing workshops.
Donna and Georgia unpack:
- What does it mean to be "saved"
- Donna's story as a survivor starting boxing
- The Story of Left Write Hook
- How to use prompts to journal through trauma or anything on your mind
- The combination of writing and movement
- The Left Wrte Hook Documentary
- The Left Write Hook research https://www.internationaljournalofwellbeing.org/index.php/ijow/article/view/1505
- The upcoming Trauma Informed Martial Arts Conference
Contact Donna at https://www.facebook.com/leftwritehook or https://leftwritehook.wordpress.com/
Thank you so much to Nari for the beautiful song "Shape Me" heard at the beginning and end of this episode. Nari wrote this song about Shape Your Life, a boxing program for self-identified female survivors of violence in Canada. She wrote this song using the words and experiences shared by participants with Cathy Van Ingen. You can find out more about Shape Your Life in my interview with Cathy in Episode 8. You can hear more of Nari's work by going to her Instagram: @narithesaga