Legislative Update: An impactful year for energy and climate.
Against the odds, it has been an incredibly impactful year for energy at the Minnesota Legislature. Sit down with Fresh Energy's Michael Noble, Justin Fay, and Anna Johnson to discuss significant new investments in solar energy, new policy support for a just and equitable transition to clean energy, innovative new decarbonization strategies for gas utilities, and more.
- Michael Noble, Executive Director of Fresh Energy
- Justin Fay, Lead Director of Public Affairs at Fresh Energy
- Anna Johnson, Senior Associate of Public Affairs at Fresh Energy
- ECO Act
- Natural Gas Innovation Act
- Solar investments including solar on schools, an extension of Xcel Energy's Solar Rewards program, and an innovative "brightfields" project
- Clean energy jobs and economic development
- Buy Clean Buy Fair study
- The new office of community transition at the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development
- Clean Cars Minnesota
- White House's American Jobs Plan and American Rescue Plan
- and more!
- "Taking stock of meaningful progress at the Minnesota Legislature" by Justin Fay
- "What's up with 'renewable natural gas?'"
- "ECO Act becomes law, modernizing Minnesota's energy efficiency policy"
- "13 years in the rearview: The making of Clean Cars Minnesota" by Briana Kerber
- "The American Jobs Plan: 14 ambitious (and totally achievable) goals for clean energy, equity, and climate."