Let’s Tawk About Drag Race, Holland 2.0, and Snatching the Win (W/ Mijon Zulu, Marco Dreijer, & Maxim Ibadov)
From politics to pride, this episode was a real podcaster party! Although Nick is currently MIA (Midwesterning In Action), we had an amazing chat with two fabulous guests: Marco Dreijer and Maxim Ibadov! Marco Dreijer is a Dutch arts and culture influencer and body positivity activist and is also the host of two podcasts: Ding-a-Dong, a Eurovision podcast, and Pruikentijd, a Drag Race podcast. Maxim Ibadov is a Brooklyn-based multimedia artist and fashionista, and hosts the political/pop culture podcast Let’s Tawk! We discuss virtual queer spaces, Holland Pride, and the latest episodes of Holland and All Stars!
On the pod this week:
- Drag Race Holland, season 2, episode 1, “Who’s That Queen?”
- The judging panel has gotten so much better!
- Why we were immediately worried for Juicy Kutoure.
- Does Roem need a comeback?
- Vanessa Van Cartier gave off major Whispering Huntys energy at the talent show!
- Is pole dancing the new splits?
- The queens can actually dance this season!
- Can we have a Eurovision song on the show please?
- Did Love Masisi deserve to win?
- Rupaul’s Drag Race All Stars, season 6, episode 8, “Snatch Game of Love”
- Ginger Minj slayed the snatch game!
- Why Whitney Houston was a bad choice for Trinity K. Bonet (period).
- Ra’Jah O’Hara is serving so much love and positivity this season!
- We’re missing that Pandora realness :(
- Will Kylie Sonique Love be in the finale?
- Can this “Game Within a Game” hurry up please?
- The pop art runway had so much potential
About our guests:
Marco Dreijer is an Amsterdam-based arts and culture influencer and intersectional body positivity activist who focuses on the queer male identifying body experience. He vlogs about the newest exhibitions, writes reviews about new theater shows and movies, and highlights new and upcoming artists and creators. His mission is to make art and culture as a whole less elitist and more accessible to a larger and more inclusive audience so that more young people and a more bicultural audience can appreciate theaters and/or museums.
As a body positivity activist, he tries to combat fatphobia in the queer community, and, with the #DatMeenJeNiet (You got to be kidding me) project, he fights discrimination and racism on online platforms. Next to that, he also is the producer and host of two podcasts; one about Eurovision Song contest (and soon about the American song contest) - Ding-a-Dong podcast and the other one about Rupaul’s Drag Race - Pruikentijd (Wigtime).
Maxim Ibadov is a Brooklyn-born and based multimedia artist and fashionista, who does Education at Park Avenue Armory, as well as freelance PR and Theatre work. Maxim, who grew up in a politically turmoiled Russia, turned their passion for social justice into a political/pop-culture podcast Let’s Tawk!, where they and a different guest each week dissect prominent current events.
FOLLOW THE HUNTYS
Whispering Huntys is an Apocalypse Podcast Network Podcast.
Sign up to our Listserv: http://eepurl.com/hfnySr