Let's Revisit: Navigating Bias Like a Boss
Intersectionality and Workplace Bias for Women of Color
In light of the nationwide conversations being held about race in America, our herdacious family felt a responsibility to revisit episode one, which highlights the workplace bias women of color frequently experience. Diversity and inclusion is woven within the fabric of our core values, and we always strive to raise awareness about issues that continue to exist today. In this episode, Sam Barrow discusses the challenges women of color experience in the workplace, such as assimilating to white-normative culture with code-switching, navigating gender expectations for non-binary and trans-women, embracing boldness and much more.
Host: Lorelei Gonzalez
Co-host: Sam Barrow
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo (book)
- Privilege, Power, and Difference by Allan G. Johnson (book)
- The Great Unlearn by Rachel Cargle (online learning platform)
- Social action groups to join: NAACP, Black Lives Matter, Planned Parenthood
Additional resources for the community:
- What is a microaggression?
- Sponsor Coworkers from Underrepresented Groups
- Organizations supporting Black transgender people
- #JusticeforBre petition
- Ways to donate to Black Lives Matter
Check out the original episode with Sam here.
Looking for additional resources on this topic? Check out our blog post "My Journey Being Included in the Workplace" by Ashley Rodriguez
Support the show (http://herdacity.org/donate/)